The portion of SE 82nd Avenue between Lindy Street and the Mount Scott Creek Bridge is an important transportation route that serves the Clackamas Regional Center, an area heavily used by commuters and shoppers. The roadway needs to be repaved and also lacks sidewalks and sidewalk ramps at several major intersections.
This Oregon Department of Transportation project includes three phases of construction.
- COMPLETE: Phase 1, paving between Southeast King Road and Mount Scott Bridge, was completed in summer 2015.
- COMPLETE: Phase 2, improvements to sidewalks and corner ramps between Southeast King Road and Southeast Sunnyside Boulevard, was completed in fall 2017.
- IN PROGRESS: Phase 3, improvements to roadway and sidewalks between Southeast Lindy Street and Southeast King Road, will occur spring – fall 2018.
ODOT will continue improvements to Southeast 82nd Avenue between Southeast Lindy Street and Southeast King Road, starting with sidewalk enhancements in April. Roadway improvements are expected to take place in summer and fall 2018.
What to expect during construction
- Pedestrian detours. Safe and accessible detour paths will guide pedestrians around sidewalk construction areas.
- Temporary bus stop locations. TriMet bus stops may be temporarily relocated in construction areas. Plan your trip at trimet.org.
- Lane closures on 82nd Avenue. There will be single-lane closures and traffic shifts during day time and night time hours:
- Daytime sidewalk and curb work with lane closures on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nighttime paving on weekdays from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Weekend work as needed from 9 p.m. to 10 a.m.
ODOT will share more details about construction activities in early 2018. Our staff may contact you to learn the best way to reach you during construction.